The Great Lady

This is more about me than it is about the social movement. It is more about love for nature than it is about the struggle for equity. This is more about coming home than anything else.

Last year I moved back to Chicago. I arrived home on May 6, 2011. I had a room to rent, and a pocket full of hope for a new life.

That month, full of irrational exuberance, I bought a simpleton's Kodak video camera. I took it to the Lake Front that I remembered so well from my youth, and began collecting images.

The far North edge of Lincoln Park was my Lake Michigan playground from 1968 to 1987. It is where I got scorched, and turned golden brown. It was where I walked to contemplate life. It is where I went fishing with my friends. It is where I made love for the first time with my Ex wife. It is the place of cherished memories.

In this short video, I share the changing seasons of Lake Michigan along Chicago's Lincoln Park. The Great Lady shows the changes of Lake Michigan from May 2011 to April 2012.

Comments

Popular Posts