Karma, You are a Pain!

Karma is biting me in the ass. I see, read, and suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous, and out raged, young activist (most of privileged backgrounds) many of whom are unwed, have no real family responsibility, and who can always fall back on mommy (and daddy). They tell me that I am irreverent because I am an elder male and white. Their ageism, racism, and sexism is utterly acceptable.

When I was in my mid-20, taking on the establishment of Jews for Jesus from within, I use to be almost just as caustic. Karma, you are a pain!

I hope these bitter, mean spirited, selfish, shelf-righteous children can make a better world. I really do. However, you know what they say about hope.


I have serious doubts. My age, and adventures, and experience, tell me far too much about where these children are heading. As long as they attack, isolate, and dismiss those who have supported them, then their fate falls to Cassandra's warning.

Yes, dear Karma, I've learned your lesson.


I still see my own caustic attitudes towards the establishment reflected in the eyes of those who want to bring me low 'casue I am an easy target, and they cannot reach the real enemy. Hence my acceptance of this as a Karmic lesson. 

Truth is, I was never as caustic as they are, and not as disrespectful. I knew that other, older, more experienced, had something worth listening to. I've not see that in the Street Protesting Children. It is again, as I wrote in 2007, we don't know who to help and who to let go anymore. And we are destroying the ones who should be save.

I ask myself now, what does a 20ish American Princess, or a wanna-be street tough, from the privileged, affluent northern suburbs of Chicago have to tell me? 

The answer is: jack shit. Nothing. Yet when I say as much, I am defending that statement from people who want to raise such children up as examples to follow. No, thank you. They have nothing. They have not lived long enough.  


As they have done to others, it shall be done to them. They will be old, and they will be weak someday. Even those who are protected by their privilege will eventually be eviscerated by life. Head the warning, children.    

Comments

Popular Posts